Tuesday, April 27, 2010




Hellooo! Its been a couple weeks since my last post. Jarod and I travelled to Washington State to visit my mom and grandma and I had no internet access, so....I had to wait till I got home! It was a good trip though. Jarod got to see the family lake house, and I got to visit my grandmother and celebrate her 89th birthday with her. It was great to see all my family. When we got back, we decided to take the dogs on a hike up Joe English Hill that is on the Air Force base Jarod works at. It was a lot of fun! We were allowed to let the dogs climb off the leash, so they just went crazy! They had so much fun! Kaia was definitely into it. She just climbed and ran right up the path! We kept having to call all the dogs back so we could keep up with them! They only ran off twice where Jarod had to go find them. One was at the top of the mountain, and one was on the way to the bottom. At the top of the climb, there was a bunch of granite slabs and someone had drug up two adirondack chairs and created a granite fire pit. I guess people climb up and watch the sunset, but I don't know how they'd get down! I slid down in a few places in the daylight! I'm sure it would be pretty though. On the way down, Kaia and Kirby decided they didn't want to keep up with me and Jarod, so they flew down the mountain. Jarod sped up to catch up with them, while my slow self made my way down. They were hanging out by the truck waiting on us! It was a great day, except we found a few ticks on the pups :( I didn't even think about that being an issue. Hopefully we got them all!



Other then that, we've tried out a few more places to eat and have drinks. I"m loving all the food around here!
We head down to Gulfport tomorrow so Jarod can do some flying to keep current. We happened to plan the trip around the Hurricane Season kick-off party. What a coincidence ;) It will be nice to see everyone though and last year's party was a lot of fun! My old job at Superior Asphalt is even letting me come to work for a few days. I am so excited about seeing everyone and getting some work in! We've got some camping trips and some other travel coming up, so we'll have some more interesting things to write about soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment